Prev: Re: Big Games Next: RE: Big Games

RE: RE: Big Games

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 23:06:05 -0400
Subject: RE: RE: Big Games

At 11:54 AM 5/22/02 -0400, you wrote:
>> General:
>> Recruit a player to be assistant GM, move the the minions, roll the
dice
and resolve attacks, while you provide plot, characterization and
special
>effects.
>
>In fact, you could have each of the players also run a clutch of
zombies--particularly if you have two opposing teams of players.

This gives me an idea or three, which I am frankly far too tired to
properly articulate.  But it should keep the zombies moving, let the
turns
progress more quickly, and ensure that no one is spending too long
sitting
around waiting for his turn to move a figure.  Hmmm....

>Another thing you can do is assign an experienced player to be a team
leader, who can run a figure or so of his own but spends more time
leading
his team and helping them resolve attacks.  I was in three games at ECC
in
which the GM picked a ruthless, pushy so-and-so to be the team leader,
and
I thought it worked pretty well--no debates over "what do we do now" or
"who activates next".

I expect a ruthless, pushy so-and-so, as it happens...but I suspect that
the hardest part of the game will be keeping myself from strangling him.
But, hey: I need to relax more, really.

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Re: Big Games Next: RE: Big Games