Prev: Re: Star Wars: Ep 2 DS/SG/FMAS discussion Next: Re: Strine Lesson #144 - Nous

Re: MURPHY AT WAR

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@w...>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 19:41:35 +1000
Subject: Re: MURPHY AT WAR

From: "John Atkinson" <johnmatkinson@yahoo.com>

> Pointman gets the runs at the worst possible time.

Been there, done that. Had to be replaced as point due to
the increased aromatic signature.

> Handgrenade lot has, instead of explosive filler,
> small pieces of paper reading "Union of French Women
> Supports the Viet Mihn".

or the 5-second fuse replaced by a 0.05 second one in that batch.

> You get a nuclear STRIKEWARN meant for your sister
> batallion.

Worse, you get a nuclear STRIKEWARN meant for you.

> Panicky LP/OP reports a tank batallion attack when he
> _saw_ about 3 IFVs.

Situation Normal.

> Your divisional commander picks now to give you the
> benefit of his many years of experience.

KYA Goodbye.

> Aviator is having a rough day and dumps his ordnance
> more or less at random on the battlefield.

If it's the USAAF, how could you tell?
(Yes, I meant the extra A - they've improved over the years).

Prev: Re: Star Wars: Ep 2 DS/SG/FMAS discussion Next: Re: Strine Lesson #144 - Nous