Prev: Re: Now that I've gotten things fixed. . . Next: Re: OT 1:1 scale vehicle transport and Tracked Road Kill

KI-72 Planetary System

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 18:20:19 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: KI-72 Planetary System

OK, just bought a shiny new copy of AK-47 Republic.
I'm thinking it would be a nifty-as-hell
scenario/campaign system for DSII.  Maybe SGII also,
but it will take more work to convert it properly.
Anyone else have these rules and willing to
collaborate?

Anyway, there's a couple things that preliminary
reading makes obvious:

Recoilless Rifles:  These obsolete weapons are making
a comeback on Outer Rim planets where there are
minimal facilities for producing heavy weapons.  The
weapons themselves can be turned out by any competent
machinist and the ammunition is not that much more
demanding to produce.

Size 1-3 only.	Range as per DFFG, validity as
IAVR/GMS/SLAM.	Cost 4 per size class.

IAVR vs. Infantry.  Using IAVRs for their designed
function is pretty pointless when your opponent has
practically no armored vehicles.  Use vs. Infantry is
now permitted.	4" range, Draw 3 chits, validity is as
per infantry firefights.  Note that in KI-72 rules,
not all stands carry IAVRs.

RFAC vs. Infantry:  Most Colonial RFACs carry
ammunition loads that have a significant fraction of
HE mixed in.  May be treated as APSW out to long range
of RFAC.

ADS vs. Infantry:  Most ADSs are automatic cannon with
expensive fire controls.  If ADS does not retain it's
fire control system it costs 40 points, and is treated
as a twin-mount RFAC/2 with Basic Firecontrol system.
Due to the extremely high rate of fire, ADS weapon
systems are highly effective vs. infantry.  Out to
24", draw 4 chits vs. target infantry unit and all
infantry units within 2" of the target unit.

HE Rounds:  These are simple HE rounds with PD or VT
fuzes, rather than the sophisticated carrier munitions
used by real armies in the 22nd century.  As a result,
they have a smaller area of effect (1" rather than 2"
radius) but the same effect as HEF munitions.  They
cost 1/2 the points of normal munitions.

I'm also going to be adjusting the points cost of
high-tech weapons systems, stealth, superior
electronics/systems, artillery, powered armor, and
other equipment that's actually any good.

John

LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience

Prev: Re: Now that I've gotten things fixed. . . Next: Re: OT 1:1 scale vehicle transport and Tracked Road Kill