Prev: Re: Roadkill (some noise to make up for all the fighter signal) Next: Re: Now that I've gotten things fixed. . .

OT 1:1 scale vehicle transport and Tracked Road Kill

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 22:46:24 -0400
Subject: OT 1:1 scale vehicle transport and Tracked Road Kill

At 6:52 PM -0700 5/18/02, John Atkinson wrote:

>Ummm. . . I hit the HMMWV.  HMMWV lost, and my
>fearless platoon leader swears he came within 8 inches
>of my end connectors.

You know that's not really good for relations with the CO....Was your
CO in it at the time?

>Nope.	First, it was the M728, second it's out of the
>inventory.  Actually I drive an M60A1 AVLB.

Hmm. Have you played with the new (or is it still prototype) M1Abrams
based AVLB or Grizzly?

>I was up until about a month ago.  You see, it's the
>same MOS and they rotate people from the line to A&O
>regularly.

but then all those folks need training on that particular vehicle's
operation and maintenance work....

>I have no idea.  My trailer experience is limited to
>single-axle cargo trailers of the M-105 variety.
>Can't carry an armored car in one.

The armored car I'm looking at is smaller than a HMMWV and weighs 4
tons. Its the Dingo. Not quite in the same class as the larger
stuff...
Ryan Gill		  rmgill@mindspring.com
	 |	  |

Prev: Re: Roadkill (some noise to make up for all the fighter signal) Next: Re: Now that I've gotten things fixed. . .