Prev: Re: ESU Desantniki, Part 2 Next: OT 1:1 scale vehicle transport and Tracked Road Kill

Re: Roadkill (some noise to make up for all the fighter signal)

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 18:52:40 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Roadkill (some noise to make up for all the fighter signal)

--- Ryan Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com> wrote:
> At 5:36 PM -0700 5/18/02, John Atkinson wrote:
> >
> >Now, if I hit the moose in my _work_ vehicle, then
> the
> >moose looses.  Probably almost as bad as my CO's
> HMMWV
>
> I'd be worried the Moose would crush the fiberglass
> and sheet metal body.

Ummm. . . I hit the HMMWV.  HMMWV lost, and my
fearless platoon leader swears he came within 8 inches
of my end connectors.

> >did last week.  51 tons beats 2 1/2 tons.  And
> steel
> >beats fiberglass.
>
> 51 Tons? Are you an M60 CEV driver now?

Nope.  First, it was the M728, second it's out of the
inventory.  Actually I drive an M60A1 AVLB.

I had you
> figured for one of
> the M113 bound guys that plays with MCLCs and
> such....

I was up until about a month ago.  You see, it's the
same MOS and they rotate people from the line to A&O
regularly.

> Hmm, maybe you'll know this, what's a good military
> trailer that will support a 4 ton load?

I have no idea.  My trailer experience is limited to
single-axle cargo trailers of the M-105 variety.
Can't carry an armored car in one.

John

LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience

Prev: Re: ESU Desantniki, Part 2 Next: OT 1:1 scale vehicle transport and Tracked Road Kill