Prev: RE: The Wolf-man's tank! Next: [ot] Tank bumper stickers

RE: [DS2] Questions

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 09:41:14 +1000
Subject: RE: [DS2] Questions

G'day,

> 1) Anyone done rules for submersibles? (as in some kind of
> sub that can appear in a coastal scenario and launch
> missiles/engage with guns)

Yep. With modifications for underwater weapons and different optical
length
based on turbdity etc.

> 3) Anyone done stats for something like a frigate (I've got
> about a 4-6" long model I'd love to use). Strikes me it'd be
> oversize, but are there oversize boat rules?

Lachy and I have messed around with this stuff, works fairly well as a
modular vehicle with some sections as oversized.

> 4) Is there a limit to how deep amphibious (as in DS2)
> vehicles can go? Or does this always assume they float?

Lachy and I have made it depth based, whether that makes real sense I
don't
know though ;)

> 5) LADs: Can you equip a vehicle with multiple LAD systems? If so, can
> they engage multiple targets or repeatedly engage the same one?

We do, but we allow multiple targets per turn for some weapons.

> 8) If landers appear (for airmobile forces) on the board, if you don't
> buy them as vehicles but just pay the premium per ground unit,
> presumably they are invulnerable. If you buy them as vehicles,
> presumably they can fly around and be shot down. Or am I not
> understanding this?

That's how we'd do it, but it should take a fair bit to knock one out ;)

> 9) What's the easiest way to do LCIs and LCTs?

The what??

> 10) To get assault boats for your leg infantry, do you just buy an
> amphibious mod?

Do you mean inflatables or something?

Cheers

Prev: RE: The Wolf-man's tank! Next: [ot] Tank bumper stickers