Prev: Re: [OT] future military culture was: Hover Tank update Next: Re: [FT] Battlecruisers vs. battleships

[DS2] Questions

From: "Tomb" <tomb@d...>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 13:01:57 -0400
Subject: [DS2] Questions

1) Anyone done rules for submersibles? (as in some kind of sub that can
appear in a coastal scenario and launch missiles/engage with guns)

2) Why can't I design a conventional boat with CFE propulsion? (Or is
this just a CFE plant payed for as FGP?)

3) Anyone done stats for something like a frigate (I've got about a 4-6"
long model I'd love to use). Strikes me it'd be oversize, but are there
oversize boat rules?

4) Is there a limit to how deep amphibious (as in DS2) vehicles can go?
Or does this always assume they float?

5) LADs: Can you equip a vehicle with multiple LAD systems? If so, can
they engage multiple targets or repeatedly engage the same one?

6) Would a SLAM or Light Artillery be best to simulate rocket attacks
from landing craft/bombardment vessels?

7) Would there be any point to making a conventional boat also
amphibious?

8) If landers appear (for airmobile forces) on the board, if you don't
buy them as vehicles but just pay the premium per ground unit,
presumably they are invulnerable. If you buy them as vehicles,
presumably they can fly around and be shot down. Or am I not
understanding this?

9) What's the easiest way to do LCIs and LCTs?

10) To get assault boats for your leg infantry, do you just buy an
amphibious mod?

11) Someone had GMS/P stats posted for DS2 - anyone got an URL?

Prev: Re: [OT] future military culture was: Hover Tank update Next: Re: [FT] Battlecruisers vs. battleships