Prev: Re: fighters (shorter than the last rant) Next: Re: Fighters

Re: [FT] Fighters (the bleeding continues)

From: Richard and Emily Bell <rlbell@s...>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 22:13:16 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Fighters (the bleeding continues)

It occurs to me that the simplest way to eliminate the problem of
soapbubble
carriers is to eliminate soapbubble carriers.  Carrier operations
require
larger crews than those required by more conventional warships.  If the
ship
intends to be more than a mobile launchpoint for a base's fighters (ie,
the
crews and service personnel for the squadron live aboard the vessel),
than
it must have sufficient volume (mass) to house everybody.  I propose
that a
ship can have one fighter squadron for every twenty points of mass,
fractions rounded DOWN.  Looking at FB1&2, the observed number is
between

Prev: Re: fighters (shorter than the last rant) Next: Re: Fighters