Prev: Re: FB designs & fighters Next: [FT] Mass/Cost balance page

Re: Decoys [DS]

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 21:56:49 +0200
Subject: Re: Decoys [DS]

Tomb wrote:

>2. Decoys
>Oerjan, Beth.... thanks for the feedback. Allow me to take a contrary
>opinion. Oerjan maintains
>decoys are beneath the DS2 granularity, I say not. Why? They are NOT
>beneath the SG2
>granularity, and SG2 has ECM and Decoys.

Tomb... you may not have noticed this <g>, but the DS2 mechanics are
less
detailed than the SG2 ones for *all* weapon types. This is for a reason:
if
you attempt to play a battalion-sized engagement with SG2-level detail,
the
game plays very slowly. If all *other* weapon types are less detailed in

DS2 than they are in SG2, why would GMSs and their counter-systems be an

exception?

Harmonizing DS2 and SG2 only works to up to a certain point - and when
you
go past that point (and IMO you're well on the way past it), you
effectively end up with a single game (SG2) played with two different
terrain scales - 1/400, with 15mm or 25mm figures, and 1/4000, with 6mm
models.

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: Re: FB designs & fighters Next: [FT] Mass/Cost balance page