Prev: RE: Glenn Wilson Next: Re: [SG] Evasive Driving [DS] Decoys

[SG] Evasive Driving [DS] Decoys

From: "Tomb" <tomb@d...>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 14:43:55 -0400
Subject: [SG] Evasive Driving [DS] Decoys

Logic:

DS2 has "evading" for fast vehicles who use a lot of their movement to
jink. This gives an extra defensive die. In yet another attempt to
harmonize the rulesets (just like my porting of ADFC and PDS to SG and
GMS/P and snipers to DS2), I'm thinking that there ought to be some
similar option for vehicles in SG2 to drive evasively.

We have one problem: No "fast" vehicles - all move the same speed. But
there is no reason we couldn't have an evasive manouvering (jinking) and
I've taken a page from a game under development in my thinking about
this.

SG2 Evasive Movement:

A vehicle moving evasively must say so before making its movement. It
must use a modified form of combat movement. Instead of rolling 2d12 to
move (or d12x2) and moving that far, the vehicle instead moves d12
inches evasively. This means sudden starts, decelerations, and a jink or
two thrown in. This means the vehicle is harder to hit. The vehicle
rolls an additional D8 in defense and compares the higher of its normal
defense die or this Evading die.  (D8 because DS2 is D6, but since it
only uses FC to attack, the D6 is more significant than a game that has
both FC and Q for firing dice).

If you wish to limit it, perhaps only FAVs, jeeps, fast GEVs, and grav
vehicles can execute this kind of manouver (and VTOLs).

[Question] Does the evading die apply in DS2 versus GMS? I actually
think it should, though perhaps it should get a downshift one level as
GMS are hard to dodge. Still, a sharp turn or sudden breaking at the
last minute could cause a GMS to hit at the wrong place, to strike a
glancing blow, or in worst case to miss entirely. (Moreso with fast
vehicles, but this distinction is lost in SG2).

DS2 Decoys:

How to port decoys to DS2? How to cost them? Ideas? (Or did I just miss
them in the rulebook?)

Prev: RE: Glenn Wilson Next: Re: [SG] Evasive Driving [DS] Decoys