Prev: DS2 Answers from Beth Next: RE: Re: FT: Carriers & Fighter Capacity

Moderately bad Dremel advice

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@m...>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 03:17:30 -0400
Subject: Moderately bad Dremel advice

Roger,

Your advice is a not so hot bit re: sewing
machine pedals. I have a 295 with the Dremel
pedal, which was a pain to locate but it gives
me 0-30K rpm control. Most modern dremels
are graduated from 5K-28 or 35K rpm. The
lack of low end speed is a pain. BUT if you have
one of the new Dremels, they have a
microprocessor controlled feedback system
which will BURN OUT the guts if you try to run it
with a rheostat (sewing machine pedal or even
the dremel pedal) on the input apparently. They
say this is "a Very Bad Thing (TM)". So, just as a
warning before anyone tries that, make damn
sure you know what you're up to and which
Dremel model you have.

I'm happy with my 295 (just got the drill press!)
and the pedal is awesome. I just need it to last
forever now.... :)

And I just want to add my condolences to
everyone in Germany after that horrifying
carnage. Pretty far beyond explicable, but sadly
all too true. Even more revolting is that the
politicos and interest groups are already
circling like the vultures they are... :(

(Anyone who happens to not know what is
being referred to should visit this link

http://www.time.com/time/europe/magazine/2002/0506/cover/timeline.html

which also points out a number of equally
horrid events elsewhere over the past few
years.... sadly reality mirrors the Tuffleyverse
with no country immune...)

Tomb.

Thomas Barclay
Co-Creator of http://www.stargrunt.ca
Stargrunt II and Dirtside II game site

No Battle Plan Survives Contact With Dice.
-- Mark 'Indy' Kochte

Prev: DS2 Answers from Beth Next: RE: Re: FT: Carriers & Fighter Capacity