Prev: Re: Chupacabra ? was: [GZG AARs] Next: RE: Carriers & Fighter Capacity

Re: [GZG AARs] Scenarios or games with a twist or smile

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 08:48:15 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG AARs] Scenarios or games with a twist or smile

On Wed, 1 May 2002 13:54:23 +1000 , Beth.Fulton@csiro.au wrote:

>I'd be interested in hearing of any scenario set-ups or match-ups that
have
>lead to a light-hearted or exciting or unexpected twist to a game.
That's
>what I was kinda after with my "envoy" scenario. Any more out there,
FT, DS,
>SG, FMA???

The first time I ran my "Operation: Hatsukaze" scenario for SG2 (the
details
for setting it up are on my web site), I had something happen that was
pretty
funny. The scenario involves Japanese Corporate Mercs being airlifted
after a
raid. NSL panzergrenadiers attack them on the way out.

As the VTOL transports land, a VTOL gunship arrives as support. However,
the
NSL have a LSKPzW VII GEV Anti-Air Missile Launcher. The gunship swept
around
a hill and engaged the missile launcher. It missed. The missile launcher
GEV
fired at the gunship. The gunship is shot down, forcing it to crash
land. The
deviation roll is made for where the gunship lands... and it lands right
on
top of the missile launcher GEV! It was quite amusing!

By coincidence, it also showed that the scenario works without the
gunship and
without the GEV missile launcher system...

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"
 - from the Random H.P. Lovecraft Story Generator

Prev: Re: Chupacabra ? was: [GZG AARs] Next: RE: Carriers & Fighter Capacity