Prev: RE: Salute 2002: photos Next: RE: Salute 2002: photos (Also Snows of Olympus)

Re: Geohex/KR's departure

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 09:24:20 +0100
Subject: Re: Geohex/KR's departure

>Well, life is about change I guess.
>
>I understand why Jon and KR may now be
>going in their own separate directions (KR does
>have a burgeoning list of products and Jon
>does now have a viable on-line presence).
>However, that won't mean we don't miss KR. I
>hope (personally) that he'll still attend GZG cons
>because he was fun to have around :)
>
>My only reservations about the new system:
>International shipping plus the far more odious
>duties levied by the government of Canada have
>made orders from GZG more punitive from time
>to time than shopping directly from KR. Also,
>miniature shipping (in 25mm or smaller) is
>relatively inexpensive, but shipping vehicles from
>the UK is relatively more expensive than
>equivalent shipping from the states. So we will
>very much miss KR. (Which is why I'll be
>ordering a pile of stuff during the closeout
>sale!).

Yes, overseas carriage on heavy resin items does run higher than for
metal
minis, but don't forget the difference in the basic pricing, Tom.....
For example, a Phalanx APC (SF25-86) in 25mm is (was) 26.50 USD from
GeoHex; from us it's 12.00 UKP, which after deducting the VAT and
converting it roughly = just over 14 US Dollars...... so even adding the
carriage charges AND any duties you get levied by the Customs, you're
STILL
getting it cheaper.....

Jon (GZG)

Prev: RE: Salute 2002: photos Next: RE: Salute 2002: photos (Also Snows of Olympus)