Prev: Re: Andromeda and Salute figures Next: RE: Steel Warriors

Re: Steel Warriors

From: Katie Lauren Lucas <katie@f...>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 08:45:54 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: Steel Warriors

Quoting Anthony Leibrick <A.Leibrick@btopenworld.com>:

> Now that I've recovered from the post-Salute headache, I can gloat
over
> the bargain I picked up at the Bring and Buy.
> (Gloat gloat)
> It was a box of plastic figures with the title "Steel Warriors", 30 in
> all with interchangeable weapons still on the sprues.
> When I saw them first, I thought, great Mecha for my DS2 (The box art
> showed a Battle-Mech type scene, giant figures towering over troopers
in
> the foreground).
> Then I considered, 30 figures, that's at least 5 squads in SG2, and
when
> I looked at the actual models (perhaps it was the shiny silvery
plastic
> they were moulded in) my reaction was ROBOTS.
> Which is when a scenario started to unfold in my mind, hordes of
nearly
> unstoppable 'bots against a small unit of PBI.
> This is where I now ask the list for help.
> Has anyone ideas for running robots in SG2?

The same company also used to do some "not-at-all-Space-Marines" as
well. They
came moulded in this AMAZING purple plastic that has to be the worst
painting
surface I've ever come across. Even car primer doesn't like it...

_______
      Katie Lauren Lucas, Consultant Software Engineer, Parasol
Solutions

Prev: Re: Andromeda and Salute figures Next: RE: Steel Warriors