Prev: Re: Mr. Szabo's personal message to John A. Next: Re: Steel Warriors

Re: Andromeda and Salute figures

From: Katie Lauren Lucas <katie@f...>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 08:31:36 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: Andromeda and Salute figures

Quoting Allan Goodall <agoodall@att.net>:

> I don't think the "Starfleet is not a military organization" ruling
> was
> Roddenberry's. I think it was Paramount's. The original Trek seemed to
> show
> that it very much was a military organization.

Starfleet was a military operation in the pilot episodes - the
characters
mention being involved in ground warfare led by the Captain. The
impression
given (and meant to be given apparently) is that of a vessel whose crew
double
up as marines.

_______
      Katie Lauren Lucas, Consultant Software Engineer, Parasol
Solutions

Prev: Re: Mr. Szabo's personal message to John A. Next: Re: Steel Warriors