Prev: Re: [DS] Combat Walkers? Next: Re: Why I engage Atkinson; Diplomacy

Moderation of GZG-L (was Re: Back from SALUTE and bye bye)

From: Jerry Han <jhan@w...>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 00:05:09 -0400
Subject: Moderation of GZG-L (was Re: Back from SALUTE and bye bye)

Hi everybody,

Ground Zero Games wrote:
> A couple of things that must be remembered about the gzg-l list are
(1)
> that this is basically an unmoderated list (actually it's fairly
> self-moderating, as when someone steps TOO far out of line they
usually get
> slapped down by other listers, at least till the next time), and
people
> talk about what they want to talk about

Maybe it's time that we switch to moderation then, or, at least
consider it.  If people in general find there's very little value
to GZG-L as it stands, then, maybe it's time for a change.  Especially
given the amount of people lost to this list, and the general
degradation of the signal to noise ratio.

I think there would be two hurdles -- one would be the actual logistics
of moderating the list (which should be easy, if I remember majordomo
correctly and if Matt has the time to do the switch over), and the
other would be finding an actual moderator, or moderators who'd be
willing to do the job.

That being said, I'm willing to moderate, at least in the short
term (I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is.)  (Though, given
how often I updated the list archives, you may not want me to moderate.
(8-) )

There's also the philosophical argument concerning censorship -- but,
I think this could be addressed if there's also an unmoderated GZG-L
list available.  It might get a little confusing keeping both lists
straight, but, it's probably the fairest.

Thoughts?  This shouldn't be considered a formal RFC -- this is more of
tossing an idea out, and seeing what people think.  If people are
really starting to be fed up with the list as a whole, then, this is
probably the most realistic way out.

Thanks,
JGH
--
**** Jerry Han - jhan@warpfish.com - http://www.warpfish.com/jhan ****
 "Naming your dissections makes it a much more personal experience."

Prev: Re: [DS] Combat Walkers? Next: Re: Why I engage Atkinson; Diplomacy