Prev: Paging Mr. Tiampo Next: RE: RE: [SG2] close combat

RE: RE: [SG2] close combat

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 09:40:27 -0400
Subject: RE: RE: [SG2] close combat

>Bell, Brian
>Take a look at Tomb's Cose Combat Extentions:
>The 'Making Numbers Count' rule shifts the side outnumbered down 1 if
the
odds are 2:1 and down 2 if 3:1 or greater.

Yep, that just happens to be one of the few House Rules from
Stargrunt.ca that I'm not quite 100% happy with, even though it's
reasonable.  I'm just offering an alternate.

In a related vein, Roger Burton West and I are in a PBEM of SG and a
situation has arisen for which I'm wondering what the consensus is
(won't affect our game as Roger and I have already agreed on how to
treat it).  A Red-nationality squad close assaulted a Blue-nationality
squad.	Both sides took casualties; the Blues failed a confidence check
and withdrew, and the Reds elected not to pursue.  The Red position now
has 3 operational Reds, 2 dead or wounded Reds, and 3 dead or wounded
Blues.	A nearby Blue squad, showing ruthless unconcern about hitting
their wounded, opens fire and does three hits.

Who is eligible to get hit?  The 3 functional Reds, or all the
functional and wounded, or fuctional/wounded/dead, or something else?

Prev: Paging Mr. Tiampo Next: RE: RE: [SG2] close combat