Prev: SG-1 and Andromeda Next: Re: SG-1 and Andromeda

Re: SG-1 and Andromeda

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 15:31:12 -0700
Subject: Re: SG-1 and Andromeda

Tomb wrote:

>1) Thanks Derek. Problem is that after a conversation with Nic, unless
>one specifically requested 25mm figs, most of the 100 club stuff is
>28mm. Kind of dwarf my 25mm mercs or NAC.... (You could use the US SF
>figures Eureka is producing instead but that defeats part of the goal).

Is it just me or does the Eureka US SF very much resemble VOR Union
troopers?

>2) Andromeda is a fair size. She carries slipfighters, missiles, etc.
so
>I think one could argue for a pile of MTMs, SMs, PDS, and fighters.
That
>isn't a small ship. Probably Heavy Cruiser size minimum. As to how to
>represent her manouverablility, I'd run Andromeda as a cinematic ship
>while running the others as vector. That would give a bit more "out
>turning" capability.

I have been sufficiently corrected.  I forget her size when I look at
her,
she doesn't LOOK that big to me.  Still, a point was made by a non-list
friend of mine that she relies too heavily on launched weapons.  I'm
still
waiting for PSP suggestions....

>3) Comet's Battlestar is all right, but too small IMO (can't justify
>more than light carrier status in my books). If it was 50-100% bigger,
>that would have been about right relative to the other GZG ships. Or at
>least that was my thinking, and the basestars would be larger. If I was
>making these for FT, I'd be casting them in resin so they weren't too
>expensive/heavy.

And I'd be buying. :-)

3B^2

Prev: SG-1 and Andromeda Next: Re: SG-1 and Andromeda