Prev: Re: [MERCS] Weapons available [FH] Next: Re: [MERCS] Weapons available [FH]

Re: [MERCS] Weapons available [FH]

From: "Damond Walker" <dwalker@s...>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 09:07:11 -0400
Subject: Re: [MERCS] Weapons available [FH]

----- Original Message -----
From: "Roger Books" <books@jumpspace.net>

> I would see it as something where the Merc unit would be issued the
> weapons by the hiring government and be expected to account for
> every one after the contract.

    I have a hard time seeing a government issuing nukes to a Merc
company.
I feel that governments would want to keep tight control of weapons of
this
nature -- only issuing them to native units when the need arises.  Then
again, once that threshold has been crossed maybe the exact same
governments
would be a bit looser in their distribution and use.

    Even then, I'd have a hard time with issuing weapons of this nature
to a
Merc unit.  On the other hand a Native unit may be attached to the Merc
unit.

> The thing I'm curious about, my merc unit is licensed by the NAC
> and is, in actuallity subsidized by them.  Under what condition
> with respect to the KV would they be used by the NAC?  I'd almost
> say never but am curious about other viewpoints.

    I guess it depends on how much NAC trusts the Mercs in question.
You'll
have to look at modern day examples to see how governments handled their
merc groups.

Damond

Prev: Re: [MERCS] Weapons available [FH] Next: Re: [MERCS] Weapons available [FH]