Prev: Re: Leading from the Front, Atkinson-style! Next: RE: [DS2] Decals

Re: Leading from the Front, Atkinson-style!

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 15:13:49 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Leading from the Front, Atkinson-style!

--- Flak Magnet <flakmagnet72@yahoo.com> wrote:

> MP's don't screw over other troops, troops screw
> themselves over.  It's
> a shallow associative relationship:

> When troops are screwed over, they think of the MP's
> that caught them in the wrongdoing.  Wah.

A lot depends on the unit/community, too.

Many's the time I got picked up by our MPs in Giessen.
 Not busted for Drunk in Public like it would be here
at Hood, but "Hey man, you don't look like you're
going to make it to the barracks.  Get in the back."
and it never made the blotter.	Our MPs were _our_
MPs.  Here at Hood it's a lot more. . . adversarial.

Of course, it came out that our MPs were also running
a heroin ring and 23 guys out of 2 platoons got
arrested.  Take it for what it's worth.

The biggest part of the equation is simple:  Line
troops have an impression of all support troops based
on exactally one thing.  How well do they take care of
line soldiers?	A PAC clerk, finance weenie, cook, or
anyone else who solves a problem a line doggie has
gets promoted to "Yeah, he's still a pogue, but at
least he's good at his job."  MPs don't solve problems
for troops except in unusual circumstances.

John

Prev: Re: Leading from the Front, Atkinson-style! Next: RE: [DS2] Decals