Prev: RE: {SGII} NIDF Next: Re: Ashigaru power armor

Re: Leading from the Front, Atkinson-style!

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 14:30:33 -0400
Subject: Re: Leading from the Front, Atkinson-style!

At 3:08 PM -0400 4/15/02, Flak Magnet wrote:
>So in all reality, "Scooter" coming from prior service as an MP had
less
>to do with him being a dud than his failure to be a good leader.

Well, in basic form a leader has an entirely different job than an
MP. MPs are basically Cops. They enforce general rules and regs as
well as handle traffic direction and other organizational issues.

A leader leads by dealing with problems in an entirely different way
than MPs are likely to. Sometimes he glosses over problems or handles
them in his own way.  Leaders should ideally be looking out for the
good of their unit and making sure they are able to best accomplish
their mission.

Again, it sounds like Scooter is still working as a cop.
- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-    Smart ID cards in the US, Smart ID cards in Hong Kong,    -
-		      what is the difference?		       -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -

Prev: RE: {SGII} NIDF Next: Re: Ashigaru power armor