Prev: Re: Leading from the Front, Atkinson-style! Next: Re: Leading from the Front, Atkinson-style!

RE: GEV RVs

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 10:51:23 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: RE: GEV RVs

--- Michael Brown <mwbrown@sonic.net> wrote:
> To give an example of how soil can effect the
> charge, we tried to use a shape
> charge to "dig" our hole for a cratering charge in
> the Mojave (FT Irwin).  Blew
> a nice clean hole @ 2' in diameter, the cratering
> charge is @ 6" in diameter.
>  The "book" said it should work.

Actually, if you start digging through the manuals (I
did in response to this issue) you find that in an
appendix in the 5-100 series Survivability manual,
there's a listing of conversion factors for types of
soil.  Unfortunately it runs off of 2 letter acronyms
which I presume are explained in the Soils Engineering
FM.  So I ignored it.

John

Prev: Re: Leading from the Front, Atkinson-style! Next: Re: Leading from the Front, Atkinson-style!