Prev: RE: [SGII] Follow Me! Varient Rules for Platoon Leaders Next: RE: GEV RVs

Re: Leading from the Front, Atkinson-style!

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 10:45:47 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Leading from the Front, Atkinson-style!

--- Flak Magnet <flakmagnet72@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Explain that comment, you have one other MP on this
> list and I am a
> former MP.  I'm very curious to hear you expand on
> that statement.

There's MPs and then there's MPs.

There are MPs which are good cops.

There are MPs which are good soldiers.

There are MPs which are both.

There are more MPs which are neither.

The attitude "Scooter" brought from the MP Corps was a
very negative one.  As an MP he might have been a good
troop, and might have made a good MP officer.  He
wasn't combat-oriented is the best way I can describe
it.  Further, he had not developed a sense of how to
look out for his troops--like more than a few MPs, he
spent a lot of time watching for a chance to screw
over soldiers.

John

Prev: RE: [SGII] Follow Me! Varient Rules for Platoon Leaders Next: RE: GEV RVs