Prev: Re: [DS,FT] NSF (Not my Bank Account) Next: RE: [DS, SG] Sources of WWI tanks and knights

Re: [DS,FT] NSF (Not my Bank Account)

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 12:20:45 -0700
Subject: Re: [DS,FT] NSF (Not my Bank Account)

Indy wrote:

>Well, my size classes are a bit different as compared to some
>folks' size classes here on the list.

I fear that would be an understatement when my stuff is considered.  LOL
 My
Micromachines Merkavas dwarf even the largest B-Tech vehicles.

I do try to get a collection
>(3-4 min) of a given vehicle whenever possible (did that before
>discovering DSII :-) so I could have groups of them to work with.

I do to, but it's not always possible.

>Two of my B'tech tanks (the Von Luckner and the Rommel/Patton - which
>is which I've long forgotten so I fake it ;-)

The Rommel/Pattons have the wicked-looking cooling fins on the barrels.
have both those designs too.

I consider to be in
>the Size Class 5 range.

I could see justification for anything class 5-7 for those, depending on
the
rest of your forces.

>By comparison, the Future Wars "Andromeda"
>tank is about the same size, the "Jupiter II" tanks I consider Size
>Class 4,

Not sure which FW tanks I have, I bought them ages ago, but they're
almost
as big as the R/P's and VL's.

most of my Brigade stuff and main battle tank-sized Future
>Wars vehicles Size Class 3,

I have a bunch of GHQ MBT's, some C-in-C futureistic MBT's, and some FW
tracks with the big rocket launcher top, all relatively the same size,
and I
class them as size 4, given what they carry and how small my smaller
stuff
gets.

tanks from GHQ WWII are more like Size
>Class 2 (from Shermans and Panzers down to M113s*),

Could b3 class 2 or 3 in my scale....

and things smaller
>still are Size Class 1.

Yup.  Well, 1-2....

>But heck, it's all relative, anyway. :-)

True that

>As for misc vehicles, you say they are "attachments" from the Division
>level thrown into your Company/Battalion/Platoon/what-ave-you. That
>would be a plausible option, I'd think.

That works too, but some of them I don't even have a platoon's worth of.

3B^2

Prev: Re: [DS,FT] NSF (Not my Bank Account) Next: RE: [DS, SG] Sources of WWI tanks and knights