Prev: Re: [SG2] Question: Put Variant Rules in Web Pages? Next: Re: OT: Tasks of a tank commnader

Re: OT: Tasks of a tank commnader

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 12:56:35 -0400
Subject: Re: OT: Tasks of a tank commnader

At 2:26 AM +1000 4/13/02, Derek Fulton wrote:

>Just wondering, what exactly are the tasks (routine and otherwise)
>that a tank commander might carry while the tank is involved in
>operations?

(I'm sure the Tank Driver types on the list will expand, but I'll
throw in the basics)

Depends of if he's just a TC or if he's a Platoon Sgt or Platoon
Leader. If he's just a TC, he looks for targets, coordinates with the
other tanks/platoon leader, tells the driver where to drive and at
halts performs functions like supervising his crew and carrying out
duties that the PltLdr or PSG lay upon him.

If he's a PltSgt or PltLdr, then he spends time talking to the
company commander or to the FIST, on the various radio sets they have
in addition to all of the above. Also as a PltLdr, he's got to
coordinate that the individual tanks get resupplied by the Company or
Battalion depending on how the supplies are coming forwards.

All TCs have to worry about the general supervision of the tank's
maintenance and repair. Generally this can be delegated, but it does
optimally fall on the TC to be sure it's done right.
Ryan Gill			  rmgill@mindspring.com
	|	 |	       |	   |

Prev: Re: [SG2] Question: Put Variant Rules in Web Pages? Next: Re: OT: Tasks of a tank commnader