Prev: RE: Pizza Box Scene Link Next: [SG2] Black Hawk Down

Re: [DS] Gently -- Capacity, Points

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@w...>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 18:00:51 +1000
Subject: Re: [DS] Gently -- Capacity, Points

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@telia.com>

> >I think you're giving too much in one area and not in another.  I'd
have
> >to think that if you're ballistic like Javelin, then yeah, the ADS
has an
> >easy bead on you, but otherwise, I think the trajectory diff between
BILL2
> >and TOW isn't much of a difference where ADS would be concerned.
>
> I can't refute your belief without going into classified stuff, but I
can
> say this much: you're wrong.

-->8--

> >Granted, but barring the actual user manual or an engineer that has
worked
> >on it,
> >I'm going to trust the sales literature for the sake of argument.
>
> You're not barred from an engineer that has worked on it, you know.
One of
> them just told you not to trust third-hand sales literature...
>
> (My first real job assignment as ballistician for the company
currently
> known as Saab Bofors Dynamics was on the blast area around the BILL2
> launcher; some of my older collegues worked on the flight
characteristics
> and trajectory of the missile itself.)

For Javelin profile, see
http://www.strategypage.com/gallery/default.asp?target=jx1.htm
and
http://www.strategypage.com/gallery/default.asp?target=jslide1.htm

For Bill-2 all I have is a few stills:
http://www.army-technology.com/projects/bofors/bofors3.html

Non-combat experiments are to be taken with a grain of salt, but at
least
they answer this question - a Bill-2's trajectory is a lot different
from
a Javelin's. Whether there's a difference to an ADS is another matter.

Prev: RE: Pizza Box Scene Link Next: [SG2] Black Hawk Down