Prev: Pics of minis Next: Re: [DSII] Walker Minis

Re: [DS2] Game size

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 17:58:39 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [DS2] Game size

--- Tomb <tomb@dreammechanics.com> wrote:

> I'm thinking (just a WAG) that something like 1 pltn
> of armour and 1
> pltn of MICV-bound infantry per player wouldn't be
> too bad. That gives
> everyone about 3 manouver elements (and a bunch of
> dice to roll at
> firing time!).

Personally, I'm a _big_ fan of the Rule of Three.
Anything less than three subelements lacks tactical
flexibility.  The dismounts from the MICVs don't
really count.  You might want to parcel out the
support units 1 per player (scout platoon, VTOLs,
Engineers, mortars, etc) if you don't want to just
increase the number of maneuver elements.

Of course, for an intro game that's a lot less
important than it may be otherwise.

John

Prev: Pics of minis Next: Re: [DSII] Walker Minis