Prev: Re: DS2 Another armour\mobility idea Next: Construction System and Point Cost

RE: [DS] Gently -- Capacity, Points

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 11:11:38 -0700
Subject: RE: [DS] Gently -- Capacity, Points

Ryan M Gill  wrote:

>Umm, nope. There isn't a pitch up per say, rather it flys directly
>over the target (just above line of sight) and has the shaped charge
>jet angled to the side of the missile (down on the target's roof.)
>There isn't much of an arc in this missiles flight path.

Still, in order to be ABOVE the top of the target, it has to fly at a
higher
altitude than a missile aiming into the SIDE of the target (Whether it
"pops" up over the target or simply flies straight at a high enough
altitude).  Given future tech, a side-attack missile could conceivably
take
Nap-of-the-Earth to extremes, flying no more than a foot or two above
the
ground.  A straigh-flying top attacker would still have to be at least
as
high off the ground as the top of it's target, plus a tidge.  even this
slight difference in flight altitudes could tip the balance for ADS/PDS.
 In
fact, a straight-flying top-attacker would be at a higher/easier to hit
altitude LONGER than a last minute pop-up missile, and thus conceivably
be
EASIER to hit.

Of course, ultimately I'll yield to OO's opinion on this subject, since
he
actually works on the SOB's

3B^2

Prev: Re: DS2 Another armour\mobility idea Next: Construction System and Point Cost