Prev: Re: [DS] Capacity, Points - Trying to put it all together. Next: RE: RE: [DSII] Walker Minis

Re: [DS] Capacity, Points - Trying to put it all together.

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 13:31:40 -0400
Subject: Re: [DS] Capacity, Points - Trying to put it all together.

At 10:01 AM -0600 4/9/02, Daryl Lonnon wrote:

>The next two questions are:
>o Do we need BOTH Size and Weight ... could we get by with one value
>(ie just Size)?

[snip]

>Really, this is a question about the amount of complexity we want to
>add to the tactical point system.  Size/Weight do have some tactical
>concerns associated with them ... but do they have enough that they
>should be represented?

I'd actually like to see it. I know its one more thing to keep track
of, but it does seem to bear in in some instances. The best example
is when trying to figure what is Air-portable or even Surface to
space portable in a given transporter. A group of size 3 trucks
loaded with ammo and POL aren't nearly as heavy as an equivalent
number of combat ready MBTs that are size 3. The additional armor and
weapons weight bear in I think on how much a given aircraft can carry.

Granted, this was hand-waved away, not without some trepidation. Its
just one thing I've wondered about.

- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-    Smart ID cards in the US, Smart ID cards in Hong Kong,    -
-		      what is the difference?		       -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -

Prev: Re: [DS] Capacity, Points - Trying to put it all together. Next: RE: RE: [DSII] Walker Minis