Prev: DS3 points - what Jon T gets out of it all and how to realize that best (IMO) Next: Re: [DS] Capacity, Points - Trying to put it all together.

Re: [DS] Capacity, Points - Trying to put it all together.

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 13:27:44 -0400
Subject: Re: [DS] Capacity, Points - Trying to put it all together.

At 10:01 AM -0600 4/9/02, Daryl Lonnon wrote:

I'm liking the middle ground approach that has been arrived at with
the combat value points system and the use of the existing capacity.
But, one thing I'm wondering about is the inherent change in how
"signature" works.

>p.s. Yes, there is nothing stopping you from having a Size 1 vehicle
>with a 5 Signature (picture a "small" orb of energy/light whisking
about
>the battlefield throwing plasma (DFFG) bolts).

In the old system signature is hard linked to your size with a
modification for active stealth systems that helped you appear either
smaller or more realistically harder to hit (ie countermeasures that
detect fire control systems lasing or ranging and attempt to fudge
with that to a greater or lesser degree.).

When your stealth system are damaged you are suddenly more vulnerable
to incoming fire. More so if you are a large obvious target. Stealth
systems were covered under the rules for target systems down results.

Now, under this new system, that no longer seems the case. Especially
if you are rationalizing a small object that suddenly becomes larger
and more obvious if it's stealth systems are damaged in some respect.

- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-    Smart ID cards in the US, Smart ID cards in Hong Kong,    -
-		      what is the difference?		       -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -