Prev: Re: [DS] Gently -- Capacity, Points Next: RE: Re: [DS] Capacity, Points - Trying to put it all together. Long post.

RE: [DS] Gently -- Capacity, Points

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 12:39:17 -0400
Subject: RE: [DS] Gently -- Capacity, Points

-----Original Message-----
From: KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de [mailto:KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de]
Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2002 12:04
To: gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu

Bell, Brian K (Contractor) schrieb:
> [...]

But the value of ammo, passengers and cargo is higher if they survive
and move faster to where they are needed. Hence they should be
multiplied too. But capacity should have lower points than weaponry,
yes.

[Bri] Yes. But then you would want to indicate the value of increased
mobility has on what is being carried, not the the vehicle carring it.
So
how do you decide if it is carring Militia, Line Infantry, Power Armor,
Special Weapons Teams, etc. when it is designed (each will have a
different
point value)? IMHO, it would be better to give a flat capacity cost to
the
vehicle and provide some multiplier when costing what is being carried
(infantry, ammo, etc.). I view this as similar to the stance, 'how do
you
apply a point cost to units already in possition?'. Also important, in
the
case of infantry, is the question 'can they shoot out of the vehicle
without
disembarking?'. If so, then the infantry act as additional weapons, and
should be costed as such (but again how do you know if it will carry
Militia, Power Armor, etc.?). Once again I would suggest that it would
be
easier to apply a cost multiplier to the Infantry (movement, protection)