Prev: Re: DS3 points system Next: Starship Modeler - Starcrafts' Terran Marine and Zerg Hydralisk Preview

Re: [DS] No Capacity was: Points system (Merkavas)

From: Dances With Rocks <kochte@s...>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 23:25:17 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [DS] No Capacity was: Points system (Merkavas)

On Sun, 7 Apr 2002, Michael Llaneza wrote:

[...]
> In the second case vehicle crew casualties aren't tracked in DS2,
> another granularity issue. Likewise, resupply isn't an issue at the
> chosen scale (although a Merkava could reload in 3 turns instead of 9
if
> my numbers are right for 10 minute turns). Even Striker doesn't
address
> resupply ergonomics as a design factor. And ASL is vague about the
> number of people comprising a Crew counter.

Time scale in DSII (just fyi for everybody, to make sure we're all
on the same page; again, more quoting, page 4 this time) - "In
DIRTSIDE II, the Timescale is fairly loose, and in most cases pretty
irrelevant to normal play...if it is necessary to  determine how long
each battle has lasted in game terms (eg, if is is part of a campaign)
then treat each full turn as being equivalent to 15 minutes...".

Just a suggestion from our benevolent designer, not a hard
fast-in-stone scale. Again, just to refresh our perspectives.

Mk

Prev: Re: DS3 points system Next: Starship Modeler - Starcrafts' Terran Marine and Zerg Hydralisk Preview