Prev: Stuart's painting tips Next: Re: [SG] Hand-held grenade launcher ?

Stuart's Painting Tips

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@m...>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 05:10:06 -0400
Subject: Stuart's Painting Tips

Like Beth, I hate to disagree with the master
(well, more like make a slightly related but
different point): One of the principal causes
(other than crappy containment which often
results from poor lids and poor containers) of
premature paint demise is drying out. Painting
from an open paint bottle is a PRIMARY cause
of this. Most advice from the paint makers says
to NEVER EVER do this. And yet, we all
probably do. But it probably isn't a bright idea.
It lets some of the paint dry in the open pot
and it lets moisture evaporate.

PS - Does anyone know of any latex paint-life
extender that is good for all latex paints?
Specifically, I find water is okay for this, but
most of my paints seem to have arrived with
something more oil-like on top, and I get the
feeling if I could replace that, paint longevity
would go up.

T.
Thomas Barclay
Co-Creator of http://www.stargrunt.ca
Stargrunt II and Dirtside II game site

No Battle Plan Survives Contact With Dice.
-- Mark 'Indy' Kochte

Prev: Stuart's painting tips Next: Re: [SG] Hand-held grenade launcher ?