Prev: Re: [SGII] Mortars questions Next: FMA/SGII (non)points system for DSIII

Re: [fiction - news report] PAU frees hostages; rebel leader escapes

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 01:16:24 -0500
Subject: Re: [fiction - news report] PAU frees hostages; rebel leader escapes

>	       PAU Military Overrun Rebel Bases, Free Hostages
>

> New Lusaka - The PanAfrican Union army today overran several rebel
bases in
> the city of Rhamal-kesh, freeing hundreds of hostages taken by the
rebels
> in the past few weeks.

Hundreds of PAU soldiers died in an effort to wrest control of
Rhamal-kesh from the Free National Congress.  FNC troops also suffered
heavy losses as they attempted to protect the civilian population from
the worst of the PAU attacks.  The FNC commander, Colonel Dhrugs, has
ordered National forces to withdraw.  "Dozens of innocent people have
already been killed by PAU fire," he said.  "We can't risk further
casualties to the people we're here to protect.  Our troops will
remain in this region, however, and I have ordered fresh units to
begin moving against the PAU lines of communications."

Prev: Re: [SGII] Mortars questions Next: FMA/SGII (non)points system for DSIII