Prev: RE: [DS] No Capacity was: Points system (fresh) Next: SAWS and point systems

Re: [DS] No Capacity was: Points system (fresh)

From: "Adam Benedict Canning" <dahak@d...>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 00:27:53 +0100
Subject: Re: [DS] No Capacity was: Points system (fresh)

> Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 05:07:24 -0500
> From: Alexander Williams <thantos@telocity.com>
> Subject: Re: [DS] No Capacity was: Points system (fresh)

> If you really need to see it in action, again, look at the Jovian
> Chronicles construction system; Size is a consequence of the cost of
> the systems computed out and buying it down increases cost, and
> applies equally to individual weapon systems as well as
> vehicles.  Its
> probably the biggest wart on the system, in my mind, since it /does/
> so clearly break the axiom of "it buys you nothing more but costs."

Size in silhouette does buy you things. Mostly by reducing the amount
of bay space required to carry the vehicle and its required crew size.
But it also increase the number of that unit you can stack in a hex.

signature however in that system is dealt with with Stealth and LSP
otherwise it is equally easy to hit any two vehicles with the same
manoeuvrability regardless of size.

Of course Large vehicles may take up multiple hexes and thus be easier
to draw LOS on.

Prev: RE: [DS] No Capacity was: Points system (fresh) Next: SAWS and point systems