Prev: Re: [DSII] Heresey Next: Re: DSII for moderns?

Re: [DS] No Capacity was: Points system (fresh)

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 09:38:11 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [DS] No Capacity was: Points system (fresh)

What I'm seeing still using a capacity, just "hiding" it in
the numbers.

If I build vehicle with X capability it will have a default
signature based on what it is carrying.  You can call this
whatever you want but capacity works just as well as anything.

If you reduce its' signature you are either making it smaller
or using stealth.  Same affect on game play.

I would prefer to continue to call your "behind the scenes"
thing capacity because then I can still equate it to a size
class and thus my miniatures.  I also think that allowing
size decreases is going to encourage munchkins, but that is
just me.  _If_ you can munchkin proof it that would be one
way to do tech levels.

WWII level - 1 size class bigger than base, limited weapons
Modern level - Base size, add weapons
Sci-Fi level - Base size, add weapons, stealth capabilities

Prev: Re: [DSII] Heresey Next: Re: DSII for moderns?