Prev: Re: [DSII] Heresy Next: RE: [DS] Points system (fresh)

Re: [DS] Points system (fresh)

From: "John Crimmins" <johncrim@v...>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 15:51:09 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [DS] Points system (fresh)

On Thu, 04 Apr 2002 12:41:47 -0800, "Brian Bilderback"
<bbilderback@hotmail.com> wrote :

> Some systems add to the offensive or defensive abilities.  each should
be
> ADDED to the other abilities in that category (A GMS/H does not make
the
> DFFG deadlier, so they should not multiply each others' values, mere
add to
> each other).	But a well-defended vehicle, by living longer, does
multiply
> the abilities of it's offenses to kill, and thus they should be
multiplyed
> by each other.  Stealth and manouverability modify both the offensive
and
> defensive capabilites, and thus should also be multipliers.  If you
merely
> add together, you don't truly reflect how systems enhance each other.

I've heard it said that Global Game's "Legions Of Steel" had a point
system that worked like this, and that it was one of the best point
systems on the
market.  It's no longer *on* the market, but does anyone have any
experience with it?

--
John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Re: [DSII] Heresy Next: RE: [DS] Points system (fresh)