Prev: Re: [DS] Points system (fresh) Next: Re: [DSII] Heresey

Re: [DSII] Heresy

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 12:17:28 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [DSII] Heresy

--- John Crimmins <johncrim@voicenet.com> wrote:

> I think that many people aren't really concerned
> with historical effectiveness, and some it is of
> questionable relevance in any case.  Who needs extra

> gunners if you have a dedicated AI slaved to each
> weapon system?  And didn't David Drake make a good
> case for open-topped vehicles with his Combat
> Cars?

No, David Drake was writing about Vietnam, therefor he
had to include ACAV M-113s which were open-topped,
therefor he wrote in a PSB that made them effective.
If artillery could not be shot out of the sky by every
single machine gun in the Regiment, they would make
less sense.

> And, maybe I'm alone in this, but when it comes to
> gaming I find that enjoy a glorious defeat more than
> an easy victory.  Usually learn a lot more that
> way, too.

Hey, I am not going to to TRY to loose.  I'd going to
design to win.

> Hey, did anyone ever attempt to assign a point value
> to the Hammer Slammer's "Powerguns" that Mr. Tuffley
> posted about so long ago?

Umm, I don't think so.	There's no way to point out
weapons that have the range of an HEL, killing power
of a DFFG, oh and can substitute for PDS and ADS
systems as well.

John

Prev: Re: [DS] Points system (fresh) Next: Re: [DSII] Heresey