Prev: RE: Re: Rules of Engagement examples (DSII/SGII) Next: Re: [DS/SG] Quick survey

RE: [DS] Hidden units and detection, including Recon by Fire

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 07:08:48 -0500
Subject: RE: [DS] Hidden units and detection, including Recon by Fire

You could make a d14, d16 or some other value. Instead of a regular
polyhedron, you make it a facited tube with a number of sides equal to
the
number of combinations you desire (and rounded ends, so that it cannot
stand
on end).

But the basic point is valid all shifts in FMA add 2 additional results
the top of the system (d4->d6->d8->d10->d12). A jump to d20 would add 8
additional results.

Other than making odd dice, you could add a 2nd die. Start at d4, so you
would roll d10 & d4. Then d10/d6 -> d10/d8 -> d10/d10 -> d20 -> d10/d12
->
d12/d12. You add the results of the 2 dice. I would suggest that if you
allow the shift down to d2, you shift the result of snakeeyes (1s on
both
dice) equal to 1 (allows even a d2 to beat a d12/d12 if they are
_really_
lucky).

But open shifts are probably a better way to handle it.

-----
Brian Bell
-----