Prev: RE: [DS] Hidden Units and Recon by Fire Next: Re: [DS] Hidden units and detection, including Recon by Fire

STILL ON TOPIC Re: [DS] Hidden units and detection, including Recon by Fire

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 12:05:39 -0800
Subject: STILL ON TOPIC Re: [DS] Hidden units and detection, including Recon by Fire

Indy wrote:

>Suggestion. Make them eqqivalent to Basic Firecon (1d6), which would
>allow you to flex them a little for having speclialized spotting
>equipment (equivalent to "enhanced firecon"), and allow for "primitive"
>units to be equivalent to 1d4 (I want to lobby for a "primitive
firecon" at
>some point which would be one level lower than basic: 1d4 instead of
1d6).

>Or give their sesnsor detection a flat 1d4 (Mk I Eyeball w/no
>enhancements),
>enhanceable from there.

I'm actually inclined to give infantry a BETTER chance of spotting
hidden
units, since they're out in the open, walking, not surrounded by a tank,
and
should have access to miniaturized sensing gear as effective as the
stuff un
the tanks.  Maybe make recon infantry a new type, they can be any of the

regular infantry types, but pet an increased chance of finding hidden
units,
for extra points.

3B^2

Prev: RE: [DS] Hidden Units and Recon by Fire Next: Re: [DS] Hidden units and detection, including Recon by Fire