Prev: Re: KNOCKING THE ARMY-Conversion of NAC w/berets to ball caps Next: RE: Rules of Engagement examples (DSII/SGII)

RE: [sg] Scenario with alien plants

From: John Lambshead <pjdl@n...>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 10:01:11 +0100
Subject: RE: [sg] Scenario with alien plants

An additional fun thing are Imitators using protective colouration which

look like dangerous plants but are not (animals also do this).

In game turns you have a dangerous plant type that has an imitator. you
don't know which is which on the battlefield until some poor sod walks
within its activation range and tests it the hard way (roll a die, even
numbers harmless, odd ones are the real thing)
John

At 15:02 03/04/2002 +1000, you wrote:
>G'day
>
>I think you've pretty much covered the plant defences of spines/hairs,
>sticky exudates, poisons and tough fibres. The only major class of
defences
>I didn't see was the use of protective fauna (attracting ants/wasps
that in
>turn look after the plant).
>
>Cheers
>
>Beth

Dr PJD Lambshead
Head, Nematode Research Group
Department of Zoology
The Natural History Museum
London SW7 5BD, UK.
Tel +44 (0)20 7942 5032
Fax +44 (0)20 7942 5433
http://www.nhm.ac.uk/zoology/home/lambshead.htm
http://www.nhm.ac.uk/zoology/nematode/index.html

What a wonderful thing is the cat! on making it God said "That's that!
Supurrnatural selection has brought us purrfection -
which is a great relief to Me after My earlier mistake with the nematode
worm
(Rowena Sommerville)

Prev: Re: KNOCKING THE ARMY-Conversion of NAC w/berets to ball caps Next: RE: Rules of Engagement examples (DSII/SGII)