Prev: Re: Rules of Engagement examples (DSII/SGII) Next: RE: [sg] Scenario with alien plants

Re: KNOCKING THE ARMY-Conversion of NAC w/berets to ball caps

From: John Lambshead <pjdl@n...>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 09:55:14 +0100
Subject: Re: KNOCKING THE ARMY-Conversion of NAC w/berets to ball caps

Examples of oxymoron
American intelligence
German humour
British cuisine
Italian organisation
French manners
Australian culture
Spanish efficiency
etc, etc

(PS if any race, creed or culture has been insulted by inadvertently not

being insulted with the rest of us then I apologise for my lack of
imagination).
John

At 16:50 02/04/2002 -0800, you wrote:

>--- Michael Llaneza <maserati@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure what John meant by "oxymoron", so I'm
> > asking: how do you mean "oxymoron".
> >
> > John Leary wrote:

> > the planet are in one of three categories:

> > >-----
> > >This is an oxymoron.
>
>ANTIPODE : A direct or diametrical opposite.
>OXYMORON : A paradoxical conjuction of terms.
>
>Bye for now,
>John L.

>Yahoo! Tax Center - online filing with TurboTax
>http://taxes.yahoo.com/

Dr PJD Lambshead
Head, Nematode Research Group
Department of Zoology
The Natural History Museum
London SW7 5BD, UK.
Tel +44 (0)20 7942 5032
Fax +44 (0)20 7942 5433
http://www.nhm.ac.uk/zoology/home/lambshead.htm
http://www.nhm.ac.uk/zoology/nematode/index.html

What a wonderful thing is the cat! on making it God said "That's that!
Supurrnatural selection has brought us purrfection -
which is a great relief to Me after My earlier mistake with the nematode
worm
(Rowena Sommerville)

Prev: Re: Rules of Engagement examples (DSII/SGII) Next: RE: [sg] Scenario with alien plants