Prev: Re: KNOCKING THE ARMY Next: Re: [DSII] Infantry Mortars

Re: SOME MORE BOOKS TO READ.

From: Donald Hosford <Hosford.Donald@a...>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 02:04:36 -0500
Subject: Re: SOME MORE BOOKS TO READ.

My friend heard a story (rumor?) that Mr Baldwin stopped writing the
series
after an argument with his publisher.
It seems that as Wilf Brim (the series's hero) rose in rank, the nearer
"flying a desk" he came.  Well the publisher
didn't want Wilf to "fly a desk".  Mr Baldwin thought that idea was
nuts.
(I don't have any details of the
contract/agreement)  So they sat there.   He waited for the contract to
end, and moved the series over to a new
publisher.  He is supposedly writing a new episode to the series, and
the
new publisher should be getting the books
out soon.

Any confermation of this would be greatly appreaciated.  8D

Donald Hosford