Prev: Re: Re: [OT] Beanstalk anyone? Next: RE: [SG] The OU's real troops! :>

[SG/DS] Battalion structure was Re: SG - hover APCs

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 12:24:12 -0500
Subject: [SG/DS] Battalion structure was Re: SG - hover APCs

>If anyone else wants to offer advice on the makeup of the battalion
or vehicle designs feel free.

You're a bit light on assets attached at company and battalion level,
I'd say (and note "battalion" has one "L").  My Islamic Fed "independent
infantry battalion" is a bit heavy on those assets--some of these units
would be attached at brigade or higher if the battalion was operating as
part of a brigade:

Battalion HQ officers and staff
Intelligence section
Aerospace liaison controllers
HQ Security Platoon (as line infantry)
CSS / CS Company
   Engineer Platoon
   Air Defense Platoon (4 ADA vehicles or infantry squads with GMS/AA)
   Signal/Electronic Warfare Platoon
   Medical Platoon
   Transport Platoon
   Maintenance Platoon
Recon Company (including UAV drones, snipers, and scouts)
Artillery Company
Armor Company
Assault Company (assault pioneers / combat engineers as well as powered
armor platoons)

And the infantry companies each have a heavy weapons platoon which
include mortars and anti-tank assets.  Company level mortars are very
nice in SG--they're "immediate response", so eg if you need to drop
smoke *right now* to cover you, they work a lot better than trying to
persuade Brigade to get around to it.

Prev: Re: Re: [OT] Beanstalk anyone? Next: RE: [SG] The OU's real troops! :>