Prev: Re: Washington Gamers + Books Next: Re: RE:Reading Request.

Re: RE:Reading Request.

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 17:43:22 +0000
Subject: Re: RE:Reading Request.

>AH-YUP!
>
>THE BERSERKER WARS ARE GREAT!
>
>do not overlook SHIVA IN STEEL.

Don't know this one....?

>might also check out the  LIEUTENANT LEARY stories by DAVID DRAKE.
>
>also these books which have  an interesting and well dvloped
>background/characters as well as some combat;
>
>ONCE A HERO,  CHANGE OF COMMAND,  RULES OF ENGAGEMENT, and brain death!
>cannot remember the 4th book or the  author.

Author is Elizabeth Moon. "Against the Odds" is the fourth book in the
Esmay Suiza sub-series, and also the seventh in the overall Serrano
Legacy
arc - books 1-3 are Hunting Party, Sporting Chance and Winning
Colours,which are OK provided you like to read a lot about horses and
foxhunting in your SF.... <shrug> - then she switches heroine for the
rest
of the saga (OaH, CoC, RoE and AtO in order) and they become a lot
better
(IMHO). Suiza is a little like a much younger and more fallible Honor,
minus the treecats.....
Personally I'd skip books 1-3 and read 4-7.

>ARMOR, author unrmembered.

John Steakley. A lot of people rave about this one, I must admit I found
it
disjointed and depressing.....	YMMV.
[snip]

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: Washington Gamers + Books Next: Re: RE:Reading Request.