Prev: Re: [sg2] Non-Lethal Weapons Next: [OT] I'm back

Re: Epic Tau Troops

From: "John Crimmins" <johncrim@v...>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 16:00:17 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Epic Tau Troops

On Tue, 26 Mar 2002 15:49:18 +0000, Tony Francis <tony.francis@kuju.com>
wrote :

> John Crimmins wrote:
> > >One of the best deals on 6mm infantry right now is the GW Imperial
Guard
> > >plastics - 70 figures for £1.50, or 2.14 pence per figure (that's
> > >without calculator to hand !). Admittedly some of the figures on
the
> > >sprue are crap and unusable (Ogryns, Ratlings etc) but even if you
only
> > >use half the figures they're still good value.
> >
> > Are those still available?	If so, from where?  The original IG
plastics
> > are my favorite 6mm infantry, and I'd love to get my hands on some
more of
> > them.
>
> One quick point - these are the newer style Guard figures (a mixture
of
> the different types of guard figure such as Cadians, Valhallans,
> Catachan etc) rather than the older late 80s style figures (I have a
box
> of these squirelled away for future use).

Ah.  While the newer ones are in, fact, quite nicely done, they lack the
more generic look of their predecessors.  I have a set somewhere, but
it's the old
ones who really impress me.

Not least because I want to paint up some of the horse-mounted cavalry
one of these days.

The US site doesn't seem to list any of the plastics; you probably have
to call direct to obtain them.

--
John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Re: [sg2] Non-Lethal Weapons Next: [OT] I'm back