Prev: Double Blind (or something) Next: Ranks, etc.

Re: Double blind, was Re: satchel charges and scouting

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 12:01:53 -0500
Subject: Re: Double blind, was Re: satchel charges and scouting

Bob replied
> Yes it would be easier to test by PBEM, and if we get that far we
might try
> it that way.	(Definitely for scenario balance).
>
> I see a SGII or FMAS game where the overall commander is Inet and
the
> players at the table have to stay within character (they can react
to what
> they see but if they want help they are going to have to pass
Sitreps up the
> chain).  I think the most interesting will be the AARs of the two
> commanders.  Interesting to see what they saw happen at their level.

Or just have eg 1 commander on each side, he gives orders and the ref
moves the units and reports back.  You wouldn't actually see
*anything* unless you personally went and looked, otherwise you're
staring at a map trying to figure out where everyone *really* is.  It
would be better to have subordinate commanders on each side (that
gives room for more chaos and confusion without needing the ref to add
extra malice) but they shouldn't necessarily see the terrain, again
just what they see with their own eyes plus what the reports they
receive from junior officers who are preoccupied with people shooting
at them.  I think that would be fascinating and no, I'm not
volunteering to run it (I'd be *too* malicious a ref).

Prev: Double Blind (or something) Next: Ranks, etc.