Prev: Re:(SGII) Huh? One shot, mission kill wha? Next: Re: satchel charges and scouting

Re: satchel charges and scouting

From: Derk Groeneveld <derk@c...>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 10:31:12 +0100 (CET)
Subject: Re: satchel charges and scouting

> From: "Tomb" <tomb@dreammechanics.com>
>
> > Interesting Story:
>
> > So I picked a hill in the middle of the valley that was in a
blocking
> > position for them. They dug tank emplacements about 100m behind the
hill
> > and on the hill line. (I figured if they only had an MG, being
turret
> > down wasn't a bad idea for them). I _knew_ that game-board features
draw
> > arty. The safest place to emplace minis is in the middle of an open
> > field. Hills, forests, and urban areas are magnets for attention.

I seriously pissed off my opponent in a game where he did just that -
had
his line of trenches smack in the middle of the field. I had one
pre-registered target left to spend and thought 'what the heck, smack in
the middle of the field, where the two tableclothes meet'. My'far the
ehck
of it' barrage blew his line to pieces.

Then, of course, I managed to completely ruin my attack by being WAY too
intimidated by a _fake_ minefield... Ah, the shame....

Cheers,

Prev: Re:(SGII) Huh? One shot, mission kill wha? Next: Re: satchel charges and scouting