Prev: RE: OT: ATTN: Jon (GZG) Next: Re: satchel charges and scouting

Re:(SGII) Huh? One shot, mission kill wha?

From: "David L. Dunn - DLD Productions" <david@d...>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 00:55:00 -0800
Subject: Re:(SGII) Huh? One shot, mission kill wha?

Hio all,

<snip>
>From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@magma.ca>
>Subject: DLD vs. GZG

>Chen-Song asked about DLD figs.

>Now, cost-wise, DLD kits aren't cheap (neither
>are GZG, but I think David's are more expensive
>yet). But the Civet and the Kamodo are
>excellent kits (in both 15 and 25mm) and you
>get what you pay for. I wouldn't buy the little
>ARV because 1 rifleman could easily mission-kill
>the vehicle (unprotected crew), but the other
>products are realistic and very well designed.

In my own defense, I can only claim, "It wasn't me! It was the one armed
Rancor!"
This isn't about our "high priced" kits, but in defense of a more
tactical nature.

Tom, the above statement you wrote to Chen-Song about the Badger MK I
and MK II,
has had me a bit puzzled for about a week or so.
>From what I've gotten from the SG II rule book, (circa 1996), is that
there are
only 3 ways that, "1 rifleman could easily mission-kill the vehicle
(unprotected
crew)", would be:
1. (Reference pg 27)  A sniper, to which if he did manage to make both
successful
rolls with his weapon of choice, the shot would still have to pen the
armor the
driver is wearing, in order to get the kill.  Which means the
driver/gunner of the
Badger MK I would still have a chance to live.	If the sniper makes one
roll, then
that would only be a "suppression", which wouldn't matter because he
isn't likely
to leave his vehicle anyway.
Now if the sniper fails his quality roll, but makes the FP roll, then
the sniper
has not only given his position away, and tacked a "suppression" marker
on the
vehicle, thus missing the "key figure", but has also alerted the Badger
driver,
that someone out there needs to be schooled in the fine art of "Empty
magazine into
the wood line!"  :o
2. (Reference pg 37)  If a squad, firing at a point target, (i.e. a
vehicle),
manage to exceed the target/vehicles' roll with one die, then they only
get a
"suppression" marker, which means the Badger will "Empty magazine into
the........".
Or if they are lucky enough to exceed it with two or more dice, then
there might be
some damage done.  The impact value would have to exceed the vehicle's
armor value,
(class 1 vehicle),  in order to cause a casualty or disable. And even
then, the
driver again has a chance to shake off the rounds due to whatever armor
he's
wearing.
3.  (Reference pg 38)  If someone shoots a big ole gun at the little
Badger, and
manages to plaster it across three grid squares, 'e's done for anywho!
(Ode to
Jimmy Hendrix by S.O.D. S.O.D. Live at Budakon album, "Dant, dant, dant,
dant,
dant, you're dead! Wanna hear it again?")

So, in conclusion, the "1 rifleman could easily mission-kill the vehicle
(unprotected crew)" statement isn't as easy as one would make it sound,
right? :-)
David
David L. Dunn
DLD Productions
"Striving to Make Your Gaming Real"

***NOW ON THE WWW @ <www.dldproductions.com>!***
		  ***Check us out!***

Our temporary alternate web address:
http://zippnet.net/~dldproductions/

---

Prev: RE: OT: ATTN: Jon (GZG) Next: Re: satchel charges and scouting