Prev: Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR Next: Re: Force sizes

Re: OT African Americans Was RE: Librarians,

From: Richard and Emily Bell <rlbell@s...>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 21:16:12 -0500
Subject: Re: OT African Americans Was RE: Librarians,

Bob Makowsky wrote:

> I had fun a few years ago.  We were living up in Michigan and were
having a
> dinner party.  One couple were on the less enlightened side.	I told
them
> one of the other couples coming would be African American so they
could be
> "warned".  They said "Oh no problem at all".
>
> Day of the party they looked around quite a bit and as we sat down for
> dinner the husband took me aside and asked about the African
Americans.  I
> pointed to a an obviously Caucasian couple at the table and said "Tom
and
> Nancy are African Americans,	emigrated here from South Africa years
ago.

> To their credit they laughed and I think they even got the point.
>
> Bob
>
> PS The above does not mean to be derogatory to any race/color/country
of
> origin.  It is meant as an amusing anecdote to somewhat illustrate
human
> nature and the strangeness of man.

When I was in highschool, my family hosted a boarder who was also named
Richard, and everybody had a devil of a time telling us apart.	For a
while,
Richard Phidd grew a beard, but it itched badly and he shaved it off.  I
cropped my hair very short, but eventually let it grow long again.
Finally, my
mom hit on the idea of measuring our heights and, sure enough, the white

Prev: Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR Next: Re: Force sizes